Author: Atusiuba Chukwutoby.
- At the birth of a new life, joy over flows
- The show of love and kindness by both family and foe,
- Like this many years ago
- We celebrated our nation’s birth with such ego Confused though
- We did not let it bring down our soul.
- As the infant clocked a few months
- The natural infant mortality treat struck
- Due to the overstayed clinging days.
- We started to faze,
- The first strike of mortality came
- We nearly never overcame.
- As months turned to years
- The damages of the first wave was still felt.
- In fact it was the remote of the second more deadly virus,
- Dishonesty and fraud became the order of the day. Like adolescence
- All sense of good and bad were now present
- As she grew into a full fledged woman
- Her life became an epitome of what parents tell their children not to be.
- We became what our founding father warned against.
- We the people became a couple of pot belly men in the rock.
- As she lay on her dying bed
- And her life flashed in her face, she just knew the simple fact,
- She had lost a mark,
- She was ending the race outside the tracks.
For knowledge and Justice